If you're a cat owner in Northampton, ensure your feline friend's safety with our cat microchipping Northampton services at Spinney Vets.
Do you want total peace of mind when they enter the wider world? We understand this at Spinney Vets and want microchipping to be an accessible service for you and your cat. This is why we are here to offer you the most convenient cat microchipping experience. Our clinic here at Spinney Vets, based in Northampton, is open Monday – Saturday for you to gain this peace of mind.
Do I need to microchip my cat?
Microchipping cats is slightly different from dogs. In England and Wales, it is a legal requirement to microchip your dog if it’s over the age of eight weeks but for cats, it’s completely up to you.
However, for many, microchipping is a no-brainer! It’s safe, permanent, and almost always effective at reuniting lost cats with their owners, so why not your local Spinney Vets and register your cat today?
Even if your cat isn’t enjoying the sites of Northampton, it’s better to be safe than sorry, if by chance they do run away. Microchipping your cat is the only way of proving they are yours if this does happen or if there is a dispute over ownership.
Knowing their every move is not the only advantage of microchipping your cat. You can install a microchip cat flap in your home. This fantastic system allows only your cat to open their cat flap by recognising which chip is linked. This means no more unknown visitors at your cat flap.
This is why many are utilising our cat microchipping Northampton services that we provide here. Why not join other budding cat lovers today and help protect your cat?
Our Expert Cat Microchipping Services at our Northampton Clinic
So, what will happen once you have registered your cat? Well here at Spinney Vets, this is our process:
- At the time of implant, you will be asked to give your details through a registration form. This will then be uploaded to a national database by a Spinney Vets team member. Your details are kept on the database for your pet’s lifetime, and the fee for this is included in the cost of implantation.
- What about the microchipping? Through a quick and simple procedure, a tiny microchip is inserted under the cat’s skin. The chip itself is smaller than a grain of rice and is inserted just between your cat’s shoulder blades. Your cat will experience about as much pain as they do when they receive injections – that is, very little.
- After this, you and your cat can head home, and you’ll be walking away with the reassurance that you know their every wild move.
When should I microchip my cat?
Microchipping your cat can happen whenever you want, though we do recommend it is done as early as possible – before your cat goes outside for the first time. Spinney Vets offers the cat microchipping service from our Northampton clinic so this doesn’t have to become as much of a horror as it may sound.
Most cat owners wait until the second round of vaccinations before getting a microchip implanted, but like we say, whenever you want it done - it’s up to you.
Your cat’s microchip can be checked by your vet during subsequent check-ups, just to ensure that everything has remained in place and is functioning properly. Cat microchips rarely experience any issues; however, we like to be thorough.
Frequently Asked Questions around Cat Microchipping Northampton:
- How much do microchipping cats cost?
To learn more about this, call your local practice for up-to-date costs.
- What do I do if I need to rehome my cat?
Just like you need to notify the microchip database if your contact details change, you also need to let them know if you’re rehoming your cat.
Take advantage of your Cat Microchipping Northampton services at Spinney Vets today and book an appointment for your furry friend. Our fully qualified team of vets is ready and waiting.